When your wheels are properly aligned, it improves the performance and longevity of your tyres. Wheels can become misaligned due to running on roads full of potholes, bumps, and other uneven surfaces. It can also happen due to general wear and tear. Thus, it is crucial to maintain an accurate alignment of your wheels which will ensure their optimal quality and performance.
What Is Wheel Alignment?
Before we understand the importance of wheel alignment, it is crucial to understand what it actually is. The alignment refers to the angle of your wheel with respect to the other wheels and the body of the vehicle. It can be adjusted by changing the suspension of the vehicle. It is done with the help of state-of-the-art technologies so that the adjustments are accurately done. It is recommended to check your wheel alignment at every 10000 km or any time you experience a change in the driving or handling of your vehicle.
When Do You Know It’s Time For An Alignment?
There are some common symptoms that would indicate that your vehicle needs an immediate wheel alignment and they are:
- If you have uneven or rapid tire wear
- If your steering wheel is crooked when you are driving straight
- If you notice noisy steering
- If you notice the steering is pulling to right or left
- If you have a squealing tire
If you notice one or more of the above symptoms, you should take the vehicle to a trusted technician so that they can check it thoroughly.
What Is The Importance Of Wheel Alignment?
These are some of the reasons behind adjusting the alignment of your wheels:
- It helps to increase fuel efficiency. Without proper alignment, the wheels of your car will not work properly and this will put a lot of pressure on your car’s engine and reduce its fuel efficiency.
- If you drive with a bad alignment, it will cause the parts in your car to wear off unevenly and prematurely. Every time you hit an uneven surface, your steering and suspension system will take a hit. If your tires are not taking the impact, then different parts of your car will take the hit which will cause them to break down. Thus, it helps to reduce expensive repairs.
- With proper alignment, you can expect a smoother driving experience.
- As it makes driving smoother and reduces the chance of unexpected car issues, it will enhance the safety of your car and make things more convenient.
- Finally, with all the adjustments it helps to increase the life of your car’s tire.
Your car’s tire is an expensive and eminent part of your car. Thus, it is crucial that they work together without any issues. And for that, you would need to adjust their alignment when required.